JOIN the Jr. Sailing Committee
Park City Sailing is looking for a few folks to join the Jr. Sailing Committee. How to volunteer. Send an email to Buster at Buster.Pike@ParkCitySailing.org or call him at 435-659-1360.
We need to add some additional voices to the organization of Jr. Sailing in Park City. Things to figure out may include:
- Adding STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) curriculum to PC Sailing – E.g. Marine Biology, …. (this is the big trend in sailing programs these days)
- Full day sailing camp
- Pick-up drop off areas in Park City and/or Kimball Junction - carpools, contracting a bus, ...
- Growing the racing program - road trips and a travel team to regional and national regattas
- Adding keel boat instruction and cruising to the program
- Jr. Sailing fundraiser to support lowering fees and growing scholarship programs
- All the other stuff that you're thinking about and want to see :)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How much of a time and effort commitment is required? A: As much as you want to commit, we're looking to add some new voices and ideas to the committee, not to load new committee members with lots of activities.
- Q: How often will the Committee meet? A: Approximately monthly with a break over some of the winter months.
- Q: Will I get some PC Sailing Schwag? A: Almost certainly, committee members will get a t-shirt, hat, more TBD, ...
- Q: Will I have to be a fundraiser? A: NO, but we are hoping to do some fundraising and will welcome help.
How to volunteer. Send an email to Buster at Buster.Pike@ParkCitySailing.org or call him at 435-659-1360.