Introduction Seminar to Coast Cruising THIS Saturday!
Interested in cruising? Eager to learn more about sailing and traveling on a live-aboard cruising boat. Thinking about chartering, or maybe taking your experience further towards a crew opportunity or pursuing a Coastal Cruising certification one day? Park City Sailing is offering an introduction to cruising seminar including classroom time combined with sea time on a Merit 25.
When: 3:00-9:00pm Saturday, August 25, 2018
Where: Lake View Center, Jordanelle State Park, UT
Cost: $150 per person
What: Introduction to Coastal Cruising Seminar - 2.5 hours of classroom training, BYOP picnic dinner (with option of using our grill), and 2.5 hours of on the water training and practice on the Merit 25.
Purpose: To provide an introduction to live-aboard sailboats, cruising, navigation, and seamanship for members and students aspiring to pursue higher level certification and cruising/charter experience in the future.
Participants must be intermediate level or above.
- Big boat sailing (genoa, spinnaker, self-tailing winches)
- Understanding boat's systems, parts, and requirements for cruising vessels
- Preparation, float plan, safety, and emergency response procedure
- Safety equipment, Jack Lines Harnesses, crew overboard recovery procedure
- Basic navigation (compass, charts, plotting, GPS)
- Seamanship skills (rigging, knots, keelboat techniques, Anchoring, operating with an engine)
How to sign-up: Please email Scott VerMerris. Spots are limited and first-come-first-serve.